On June 1, the AEC released the updated figures for the electoral roll now that it has officially closed for the election on July 2.
Some pretty incredible results so pretty happy with the hard work I’ve put in and proud to be involved with it.
– 15,676,659 Australians are enrolled to vote, an increase of 963,000
– 95% of voting age population, the highest it has ever been (up from 92.4%)
– 687,000 enrolment detail updates were made between election called 8 May and close of rolls 23 May
– 132,000 of those are new people being enrolled for the first time
– Number of people estimated as missing from electoral roll dropped from 1.2 million to 816k
– Number of 18 year olds missing from electoral roll down from 131k to 78k